– Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) is information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number or similar information. This may also include information you provide relating to your health. Expert Solutions only collects Personal Information that you choose to share with us, such as when (1) contacting us via e-mail or clicking on a “contact” button, (2) requesting information online, or (3) voluntarily submitting information on the Site.
– Expert Solutions retains the information you provide in a secure database, which is periodically updated and verified. You may request deletion or updates of your own information at any time (see Opt-out choices below). Information provided to Expert Solutions is accessed by employees performing specific functions necessary to accommodate your request. When personal health information is collected for product recalls or withdrawals, you must provide consent to have this identifiable information shared with third parties. These parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and privacy regulations.
– Any information you provide to Expert Solutions must be true, accurate, current, non-misleading, and consistent and relevant for the purpose for which you are providing the information.
– If you contact Expert Solutions via the Site, we will only use your Personal Information contained in your e-mail to respond to your specific inquiry or comments in the e-mail. We may retain your e-mail for a period of time, but will not use any of your Personal Information for any purpose other than responding to your e-mail.
– The Site automatically tracks certain information about your behavior while visiting the Site. The information gathered includes only the URL from which you accessed this Site, and which URL you visit next. We collect and store this aggregate information in order to measure the Site’s performance and improve the Site’s design and functionality. We may also share this aggregate information with third parties to illustrate how the Site is used and for other marketing purposes.
– This Expert Solutions Web site also uses information in aggregate form to track the total number of visitors to our site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. No personally identifiable information is available in this process. This Expert Solutions Web site uses a technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a token that a server gives to your browser when you access a Web site. Cookies are capable of storing many types of data. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site or to help us analyze Site usage more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to our Site. In all cases in which cookies are used, the cookie will not collect personal identifiable information except with notice to you.
– Most web browsers allow the user to deny or accept the cookie feature. However, please note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features (e.g. customized delivery of information) available on Expert Solutions Web sites. Further information about cookies can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm.
To “opt-out” of (1) receiving communications from Expert Solutions (except for communications necessary for your use of the Site), (2) having your personally identifiable information disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes, or (3) any other consent previously granted for a specific purpose concerning your personally identifiable information, send an e-mail to Expert Solutions at email@example.com.
Subject to applicable law, we and our Service Providers (as described below) may disclose your Personal Information:
– To unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to receive services from Expert Solutions or perform services for or on behalf of Expert Solutions (Service Providers), and are required to uphold and maintain Expert Solutions policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your Personal Information (e.g., customers, vendors maintaining our computer databases or performing marketing activities for Expert Solutions relating solely to services provided by Expert Solutions and its customers and affiliates);
– To other persons as permitted by applicable law or regulation; and
– To law enforcement personnel and agencies, or as part of a legal process, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Site rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Site or any other illegal activities.
Any access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to our affiliate, subsidiary or Service Provider. Our customers, affiliates, subsidiaries and Service Providers may be located throughout the world. Accordingly, information may be sent worldwide to countries which have a different level of privacy protection than the United States.
By using our Site, or providing information to Expert Solutions, you understand and unambiguously consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of information in the United States and other countries and territories, for the purposes set forth in this Policy. You hereby consent to the collection, processing and disclosure by Expert Solutions of your Personal Information as described under this Policy, including but not limited to the transfer of your Personal Information between Expert Solutions’ Service Providers, customers, affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy. For further certainty, any consent relating to a right to transfer information referred to in this paragraph shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of the applicable Personal Information to a jurisdiction which may have a different level of privacy protection than that available in your own country.
This Policy applies only to web sites developed by Expert Solutions on behalf of itself or its customers that collect user information in conjunction with product recalls. Expert Solutions, its customers, affiliates and subsidiaries operate many Web sites for different purposes and in multiple jurisdictions where local laws may apply. This Site includes links to both our affiliated Sites and to non- Expert Solutions Web sites, including access to content, products and services of such affiliated and non-affiliated sites (Other Sites). Links to Other Sites will open in a new window. We urge you to familiarize yourself with the individual privacy and other terms for each linked or framed Site prior to submitting your Personal Information.
Personal information collected from users in countries of the European Union will be transferred to the United States only with your proper permission, and in compliance with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the company’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. We confirm that the data security practices that protect your personal information comply with all European laws on data protection and that you may exercise all rights accorded to data subjects under European laws.
ExpertSOLUTIONS may provide aggregate information to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our Web site and the activities they conduct while on our Site. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for the aggregate information. We require parties with whom we share aggregate information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable, such as by combining it with other databases.
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of Expert Solutions, registration data and/or Usage Data collected about you from the Site may be sold, assigned, or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of Expert Solutions in order to permit the party to continue the operation of the Site, including the restricted areas. Subject to your ability to opt-out as described above, by using this Site and submitting your information to us, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
Expert Solutions takes seriously the security of the information it collects. Expert Solutions has therefore implemented technology and security policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to, such information, reasonably appropriate to the nature of the data concerned.
Our Site is not generally intended for use by children under the age of 18, and Expert Solutions does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in this age group.
Expert Solutions may, in its sole discretion, update this Policy at any time and from time to time, by posting the amended Policy on this Site. The amended Policy shall be effective upon posting and your access to or use of the Site following an update shall be deemed consent to the revised Policy. We urge each visitor to refer back to this page regularly and especially prior to providing or updating any Personal Information. This Policy may not be otherwise amended without the written consent of Expert Solutions. This Policy was last updated on May 16, 2014.
If you would like to communicate with Expert Solutions regarding privacy issues or have questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or Site, please forward such communication firstname.lastname@example.org.